FaçadeSignage can grab the PowerPoint live output, and use it as a source for the projection mapping!
This is an unique feature that will allow you to use a single PC to create incredible presentations and shows without using external video-input hardware.
There are two methods to visualize a PowerPoint presentation:
- Using the Office PowerPoint application installed on your machine (version 2010, 2013, 2016)
- Using the free PowerPoint Viewer provided by Microsoft.
Using Office PowerPoint Application
In order to use PowerPoint a very important step must be fulfilled, graphics hardware acceleration must be disabled.
- Open the PowerPoint application
- Click on the File tab, then on Options and Advanced
- In the left pane of the PowerPoint Options dialog box look for the Display secion
- Make sure the checkboxes Disable hardware acceleration are selected.
- You can download the free viewer from Microsoft website, or alternatively from this mirror location.
- Install it as a normal application.
Setup FaçadeSignage PowerPoint applications paths
- Open FaçadeSignage and go to Options page, then select Set External Applications button.
- Browse for the paths to both PowerPoint application (named POWERPNT.EXE) under the Program Files Office folder, and/or for the viewer executable (named PPTVIEW.EXE)
- You can directly search for the executable names in the Explorer window
- Once these paths are specified, you are ready to create PowerPoint resources in FaçadeSignage